Summertime is in full swing. And with it comes some incredible deals on new beds. The Independence Day holiday is one of the best times to shop for a mattress—and save big.
The only problem? These discounts won’t last long. Like the holiday itself, these summer sales come and go in a flash. But you can make the most of them by doing some prep work ahead of time. When it comes time to buy, you can pounce on a great deal.
Indeed, you’ll find great bargain prices almost everywhere. Serta, Macy’s, Amerisleep, and a host of other retailers will all be offering deep discounts. Why? To get customers into the store and move beds out of their warehouses.
Navigating all of these deals can be a little overwhelming though. Holiday sale periods can be frenzied. It’s easy to jump the gun and feel like you need to buy the first bed you see. But you don’t have to get caught up in the hoopla. This guide will give you the tools you need to be a smart shopper.
That’s where this easy-to-read guide comes in. We’re sorting through the ads, newsletters, websites, and other promotional materials to compile a master list of the best mattress deals. So you can sit back and relax while we do the bulk of the work. Just be sure to pay attention—and act fast! These amazing deals will disappear faster than a firecracker in a bonfire.
Find Great July 4th Mattress Sales at Amerisleep
Are you thinking about choosing memory foam for your next bed? Then take note. We’re convinced that the best memory foam bed out there is Amerisleep’s AS3. Amerisleep is an up-and-coming online brand you’ll want on your radar. They’re building a reputation for their high quality memory foam mattresses. All of their models are being offered for $200 off over the summer holiday. And their AS3 is arguably the best of the bunch.
There are lots of reasons why the AS3 stands out from the crowd. It consistently earns higher customer satisfaction reviews compared to other similar models. Amerisleep is also a highly transparent company. And they offer a 100-day risk free trial and free returns. Their high-quality foam and affordable prices also represent an excellent value.
The AS3 is a medium bed that’s specially designed to work for all types of sleepers. Here are just some of the features that deliver top of the line comfort:
- High-performance memory foam. Amerisleep’s proprietary foam is designed to offer maximum support and pressure point relief.
- Ideal firmness level. It’s just right for all sleep styles and positions.
- Cooling comfort layer. The AS3 is more breathable than traditional foams. Sleeping hot is rarely an issue.
- Zero motion transfer. You won’t get disturbed if your partner gets up or changes positions during the night.
- Sleep-supporting mattress cover. The cover features soft, breathable fabric designed to keep air flowing throughout the mattress.
- Plant-based foam and eco-friendly manufacturing practices. They’re better for people—and the environment.
- Generous 100-day risk-free trial. You get more than three months to try the AS3 in the comfort of your own home. If you decide it’s not for you, you can return it at no cost.
Again, the AS3 and Amerisleep’s other beds are all $200 off during the holiday discount event. That represents a 15% savings off the list price. This is an opportunity you won’t want to pass up. So consider checking out the AS3!
When Do the Independence Day Discounts Start?
We all know the date of the holiday itself. But is that the only day that prices will be lowered? No way. Retailers know you might not be free to shop on July 4th itself. So their deals usually extend for several days around the summer holiday.
In fact, prices usually start to drop at the very end of June and stay low through the Fourth. Some retailers may even extend their sale for several days beyond the holiday. The goal is to give shoppers plenty of time to buy. Even if they might be spending some of the holiday on vacation or celebrating with family and friends.
Another thing to keep in mind? Brands and stores usually start advertising their discount events well in advance. They want to give you a heads up to encourage you to spend. Your job is to pay attention to what’s coming. Keep your eyes peeled early so you have some time to comparison shop. Remember, diligent shoppers tend to score the very best prices.
What to Know Before You Shop
Discounts are always great, of course. But don’t be fooled by an attractive price tag. A low price doesn’t always represent a great deal. There are many factors to consider as you navigate the holiday price cuts. Retailers will sometimes inflate the original price so they can discount it later. This can create the impression that a deal is much better than it actually is. It’s a sneaky tactic—but one to watch out for.
A lower price can also come with some unexpected fine print attached to it. You might find out that your amazing deal comes with little to no warranty, limited quantities, or questionable quality. You also might not be able to return the bed if it isn’t the right fit. All of these things make it important to research and thoroughly compare your options. It’s also important to be mindful of return policies when shopping during sales periods. You should be able to try the bed at home for at least 30 days before deciding whether you want to return it. Even during a discount event. These are just a few of the factors to consider when you go mattress shopping. We’ll cover more things to keep in mind a bit later this this article.
The bottom line is simple though. It’s always worth doing your research before pulling out your credit card. No matter how tempting the price. So do your homework and think about what you really want before you start seriously shopping. A new bed isn’t something to buy on impulse!
The Best 4th of July Mattress Sales
At last, we’ve arrived at the information you’ve been waiting for. Here’s our compilation of the many great deals listed so far. We’ll be adding even more as the month of June draws to a close. So check back early and check back often. You don’t want to miss when a new price cut gets posted.
Our Favorite Deals
There are tons of options to save over the holiday. But if you’re not in the mood for doing much research, don’t worry. Here we’ve highlighted our three favorite models. All have received high rankings for quality and customer satisfaction. And they’re all being offered at discounted prices during the holiday event.
|Bed||Specs||Sale Price||Retailer (Return Policy / Warranty)|
|12” profile||medium||3” 4.0 lb plant-based MF + 2″ affinity foam||7” core||Queen Price: $1199 with promo code JULY200||Amerisleep.com (100 days / 20 years)
|Macybed Lux Coventry Cushion Firm Euro Top||15.5” profile||med-firm||?” foam + gel MF + fiber top||972 pocket coils||Queen Price: $1297||Macy’s (60 days / 10 years)
|Serta iComfort Blue Touch 500 Set||11.25” profile||plush||0.75” Gel MF + 3.5″ MF||7” core||Queen Price: $1799||Mattress Firm (120 days / 10 years)
More July 4th Mattress Sale Options
Above, we covered just a few of our favorite picks. But every shopper is different. You may find that you have different needs or preferences that make another bed a better fit. That’s why we’re listing even more deals and price cuts here.
We’ve organized these listings by retailer for easy navigation. (The retailers are listed in alphabetical order.) Scroll right to the brand or store that you’re interested in. Or look through all of the options. You might discover something that you hadn’t heard of before.
- $200 off any plant-based memory foam mattress with code JULY200. Includes free shipping and free returns.
- Up to 17% off Amerisleep adjustable bed packages.
Online from 6/30 to 7/9.
- $125 off $1250 or more.
- $225 of $2250 or more.
- (Queen prices range from $600-$1995).
Online through 7/4.
- $150 off Leesa mattress ($845 in queen).
- $225 off Sapiro mattress ($1270 in queen).
Online at Macys.com and in stores through 7/4.
- $197 – Macybed Basics Foam Firm Queen Mattress.
- $297 – Macybed Classic Plush Queen Mattress.
- $397 –Macybed Premium Plush Queen Mattress.
- $597 – Macybed Lux Memory Foam Barton Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $597 – Macybed Resort Firm or Plush Queen Mattress.
- $697 – Macybed Resort Firm or Plush Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $797 – Beautyrest Golden Gate Luxury Firm Queen Mattress.
- $797 – Beautyrest Golden Gate Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $997 – Masterpiece by Serta Albert Luxury Firm or Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1097 – Macybed Lux Baxter Firm or Plush Mattress.
- $1297 – Macybed Lux Coventry Cushion Firm Euro Top Queen Mattress.
- $1347 – Masterpiece by Serta George Luxury Firm Euro Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $1497 – Beautyrest Platinum Chestnut Hill Luxury Firm or Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1557 – Aireloom Hybrid Firm or Plush Queen Mattress Set.
- $1757 – Aireloom Vitagenic Copper Gel Firm Queen Mattress Set.
- $1797 – Beautyrest Black Giada Extra Firm Queen Mattress Set.
Mattress Firm / Sleepy’s
Online at MattressFirm.com and in stores and at Sleepy’s 6/27 through 7/10.
- $648 – Sleepy’s Firm, Plush or Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
$650 – Tulo Soft, Medium or Firm Queen Mattress.
- $799 – Beautyrest Recharge Hartfield 11.5” Luxury Firm Queen Mattress.
- $799 – Sleepy’s Cool Plush 12” Memory Foam Queen Mattress.
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Vinings 13.5” Plush Queen Mattress.
- $899 – Beautyrest Recharge Bay Spring 14” Luxury Firm Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $999 – Sleepy’s Pillowtop Queen Mattress.
- $1299 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 100 Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1499 – Serta iComfort Blue Touch 300 11.25” Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1499 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 300 Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1599 – Serta iSeries Hybrid 500 Cushion Firm Queen Mattress.
- $1799 – Serta iComfort Blue Touch 500 11.25” Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1999 – Beautyrest Black Hybrid Alcove 13.5” Plush Queen Mattress.
- $1999 – Dream Bed Lux LX150 12” Firm Memory Foam Queen Mattress.
Online at Sears.com and in select stores through 7/15.
- $169.99 – Serta Chiswick Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $562.99 – Beautyrest Silver Wavecrest Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- $614.99 – Serta Perfect Sleeper Elmstead Innerspring Queen Mattress.
- Free boxspring with Beautyrest Platinum mattresses.
- Free boxspring with Scott Living mattresses.
- Free boxspring with Serta iComfort mattresses.
- $799.99 – Serta Motion Essentials adjustable bed in Queen.
- $799.99 – Beautyrest Smart Motion 1.0 adjustable bed in Queen.
- 180 night returns.
Online at Serta.com and in select retailers 6/24 through 7/9.
- Free box spring with iComfort mattresses.
- Queen sets $1099-$2799.
- Up to $500 off mattress and adjustable bed sets (discount varies based on mattress and base model/size). Applies only to Motion Perfect III and Mortion Comfort II bases.
- Queen sets $2399-$3799.
- Split King sets $3398-$6798.
See listings for Mattress Firm.
Tuft and Needle
No sales announced.
Types of July 4th Mattress Sales
This year’s Independence Day discount events will take many different forms. There’s a chance that you’ll be familiar with some of them. But other options might be new to you. It’s worth learning about what you might run into, since some deals are better than others.
Here’s a look at what you can expect to find. Remember, it’s not always either/or. Retailers also commonly offer combinations.
Everyone loves a giveaway. Over the holiday, retailers will be offering many different free items or services with the purchase of a new bed. Think sheets, pillows, and even additional mattresses may be given away at no cost. This can make the original bed seem even more valuable.
Freebies can be great, of course. Just be smart about what’s being offered. A bed’s quality or value won’t actually improve just because it comes with something extra. Be sure to estimate the value of the freebie and consider what you’re paying for before committing. Consider whether you actually need the free item too. If you don’t, it’s not really a great deal.
We’re all familiar with them. These are the price cuts taken off at the register when you make a purchase. (Or applied to your purchase using a discount code if you’re shopping online.) Discounts tend to be preferable to other deals because they can save you a good amount of money up front.
Just remember that retailers might bump up prices before discounting them to make the new prices seem more impressive. In general, you should be wary of sales that claim huge markdowns. Think anything over 50%.
In those cases you might not be saving as much as you think. The best way to check is to compare prices across multiple retailers. This can help ensure you’re getting a true discount.
Unlike discounts, rebates are dollar amounts taken off after you’ve paid full price. Some stores will issue shoppers an actual check to pay back the discount. Others will give you a gift card. (Which can be good, but only if you plan to shop at the store again in the near future.)
Most shoppers redeem rebates by mailing their receipt to the retailer or manufacturer. (So don’t forget to send it in!) Getting your return can take several weeks or even months. So make sure to factor that into your budget. Keep track of your receipts too. Just in case the rebate doesn’t arrive when it’s supposed to.
Some retailers offer beds for very low prices as a promotional strategy or as “doorbuster” items. It can be tempting to take advantage, but be warned. These models are often very low quality. It’s unlikely that they’ll deliver on comfort or durability.
This could mean you end up shelling out more to replace a shoddy bed sooner. It may be worth skipping out on these promos altogether. Paying a little more for a high quality bed up front can help you save in the long run.
Holiday price cuts aren’t just for brick and mortar stores anymore. The number of online bed brands are growing by leaps and bounds. That means that you’re more likely to find some great discounts from the comfort of your own home.
If you’re headed to a store or showroom, be sure to do a price comparison online before you buy. There’s a good chance you’ll be able to find a better offer on the Internet. Don’t forget about online-only brands either. These manufacturers don’t usually sell their models in showrooms. Sticking only with physical stores could mean missing out on a broader selection.
Navigating 4th of July Mattress Sales
As you may be starting to see, not all discount events are created equal. Shoppers need to be able to sort out the good deals from the bad. There are a few things you should look for before plunking down your credit card.
- Lack of disclosure: Sometimes ads will omit specifics about a retailer’s products or services. This should serve as a big warning sign to consumers. If a company won’t tell you what’s in their product or what’s covered by the warranty, you probably don’t want to know. Stick with retailers who put their information out there and make it easy to find.
- Fine print: Get your magnifying glass out and comb through the details of your purchase. You never know what you may find. Rebates may be offered for in-store credit only. Or you may need to redeem them very quickly—within just a few days. Take your time and inspect all aspects of an offer before committing.
- Bogus discounts: Sometimes retailers will mark up their original prices in order to make discounts seem bigger. Your job? Compare prices from different retailers to avoid the bogus discount blues.
- Warranties and returns: These are more details that need to be inspected thoroughly. You should have at least 30 days to decide if you want the mattress or not. (And ideally, you should be able to return your mattress at no charge to you.) Ten years is a good amount of time for a warranty. Keep in mind that warranties can be prorated or not. Be sure to know what you’re getting so you don’t end up with any surprises down the line.
Scoring the Best Deals on July 4th Mattress Sales
A deal event isn’t a guarantee that you’ll find the bed of your dreams at the right price. But with a little effort and guidance, you can improve your odds.
Our advice is to start looking as soon as the sales start. The more time you have, the better! Some deals may only be available for a few days. And retailers might have limited quantities.
You can save a lot of time and energy by looking online. Doing the work from home makes shopping easier. And you can do it whenever is convenient for you. You can even purchase mattresses online and avoid all the hubbub of a crowded store.
Finally, remember your preferences but don’t go over your budget. Also resist the urge to get talked into something you don’t want. (Showroom salespeople can be good at that!) If you’re on the fence about something, take a day before deciding. While it’s smart to act quickly, you don’t need to buy something the second you see it.
4th of July Mattress Sales: Summing it All Up
Now that you’ve made it to the end of this guide, you’re fully prepared to tackle the season’s deepest discount event.
As we’ve shown, there’s a vast array of options out there. But Amerisleep’s AS3 is our top pick of the bunch. One of the things we love about this bed is its versatility. It’s a truly comfortable model that meets the needs of many different sleepers. Plus it’s made from high quality materials. Not only will it feel great right after you buy it—it’ll last for years to come.
All of these things make the AS3 a fantastic value. But right now the price really can’t be beat. Amerisleep is offering $200 off all of their beds through the Independence Day holiday. So consider starting your deal hunt with the AS3. After all, you have nothing to lose but poor sleep!